Wednesday 14 June 2006

News From Down Under

Hey!!!! HOT MAMA & ALL YOU HAPPY PPL IN THE HOUSE!!!

Great to hear the excitement in the air! Well, I'm equally excited over here too as to what God's been doin in my life. Thanks for all your prayers and support. Just wanna share some testimonies with all of you.....i dunno where to start really.

God has been good to me all the time and i have not realized it, and grasp the meaning of the word "GOOD" until lately. As I looked back at how God opened the way for me to further my studies here....like smooth application of VISA (though had some complications), got my accomadation (quite last minute), acceptance to Uni of Queensland etc....man, I was amazed. Like how, I came to venture out here on my own....in this quiet state (not so noisy like u guys....hehe!), settle in with such friendly and nice housemates whom I didn't even know at first (they are great cooks!!!!), and to take up music therapy. The main thing I learned is stay close to God, guys.....if that is where He leads you, everything will go on well beyond your imagination!

To tell u more about God's awesome favour upon me, I started my practical observation at an aged care. It was about 40 km away from my house (1 way)and I was cracking my head on transport. But somehow, I just had the peace that this was where I was meant to go, and I actually prayed that God will give me a great supervisor and lead me to the right place. Indeed, my prayer was answered! My supervisor actually stayed near my house, and said she would pick me up on the way and back. So i just had to walk to the main road and wait for her. Not only that, I did not know that the aged care I was with was the best in Queensland and my supervisor was awarded for one of her projects with the clients....until I reached there. So it was really God's blessing. And I got along well with my Spanish supervisor and she gave me quite high marks ;)

Also, as I have just got a part-time job in a Music School. Another blessing, because there was another Asian who applied for the same thing but didn't get it....and I was told that in education line, they are quite picky about the teachers....especially non-aussie. Another answered prayer.

Btw, I just finished my last exam!!! WOOOHOOO!

One term has gone past, and I'm praying to get into the Royal Children's Hospital for my next practical or any other hospital....but what I learned in my church discipleship class is prayers must be SPECIFIC! haha! Oh...ya talking about that, I attended 2 CDS (Christian Discipleship School) in church on prayer and counselling. Got exam wan ok....don play play ar...also am attending BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). At first I tot its for all the aunty aunty....and I'm not one....tsktsk!...but i just went with my housemate anyway...and to my surprise there was a group of ppl my age...and even younger.....even the kids attend! special group for them!We are studying Genesis this year.

So ya.....all those who are thinking about studies, career, job etc....just remember specific prayers work wonders...and trust God in all things. His promises are always YES & AMEN!!!(2 Cor. 1:20) Now, I can say with confidence and understanding that God is Good to Me All The Time! Can you say that too???

-cheryl-

1 Shout outs..!:

FUNFUNFUN said...

great blog!

YES & AMEN

shud get that copyrighted!!!

Our Prayer & Praise Corner

  • Pray for this years Copa IBA's team that we will be able to send at least 3 teams this year!
  • Pray for our youth group, pray for commitment and pray for our Saturday Youth Meetings.
  • Pray for our friends who have left us for their studies - Amelia, Dawn, Shaun,& Janice, Esther and Tze Lin...
  • For any prayer items please contact Esther- estheryunsing@gmail.com OR Ian- iancmk@gmail.com via e-mail or MSN Messenger.
Back To Top
Back To Top
 
Copyright 2009 Youth With A Purpose. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator